Four Differentiation online mini-modules
- Course #417021 – INS Self-Paced Differentiating Content 2016-17 (Online) .3 CEUs/3 CEHs
- Course #417024 – INS Self-Paced Differentiating Learning Environment 2016-17 (Online) .4 CEUs/4 CEHs
- Course #417025 – INS Self-Paced Differentiating Process & Product 2016-17 (Online) .3 CEUs/ 3 CEHs
- Course #417026 – INS Self-Paced Differentiating with the Tools of Depth & Complexity 2016-17 (Online) .3 CEUs/ 3 CEHs
**Log on to MyTalent to register and access these learning opportunities.**
CMS Mini-Module Online Courses Available – Recently Released!
- Course #416246 – LIT Best Practices in Literacy (Online) .5 CEUs
- Course #416244 – LIT Reading Strategies for Middle and High School Teachers (Online) .5 CEUs
- Course #417221 – INS Best Instructional Practices I Online Module 2016-2017 .5 CEUs
- Course #417210 – INS Best Instructional Practices II Online Module 2016-2017 .5 CEUs
- Course #417220 – INS Best Instructional Practices III Online Module 2016-2017 .5 CEUs
CMS Online Modules for Substitute Teachers
Substitute teachers now have access to MyTalent and CMS professional development (except courses in Canvas). We even have a series of online modules just for substitutes. There are listed below. Click here to access a flyer with course descriptions, login and registration instructions.
- PDV Classroom Management Online Module for SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS ONLY (Course #414811)
- INS Best Instructional Practices I Online Module for SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS ONLY (Course #414813)
- INS Best Instructional Practices II Online Module for SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS ONLY (Course #414814)
- INS Best Instructional Practices III Online Module for SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS ONLY (Course #414815)
Business Writing and Communications – Online Course Series
The Teacher Professional Development Department is pleased to offer a Business Writing and Communications self-paced online course series for both instructional and non-instructional staff throughout the district. This course consists of seven (7) mini-courses designed to assist the writer in developing effective communication skills by learning how to properly utilize the English language in a manner that is deliberate and impactful. The series also contains instruction in the use of Microsoft Word functions including clear message formatting, proofreading, “netiquette”, use of fonts and other communications. Free resources are available for on-going support in English grammar conventions and writing techniques. The “Business Writing” course series can be accessed via the MyTalent catalog to register for any of the courses. We hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to enhance your writing skills and be better equipped to meet the challenges of composing effective writings for business and diverse audiences.
National Board Certification
Visit our candidate wiki for information relevant to current initial and renewal National Board candidates. If you are interested in learning more about National Board Certification, attend an information session. Details about information sessions may be found on the wiki.
Interested in learning more about Differentiated Instruction? Face-to-face courses and online, self-paced mini modules are available to assist you in planning instruction to meet the needs of your diverse students. Support days are also available to provide additional support as you plan differentiated instruction. Substitute funding is available. MyTalent registration information is available on our wiki.
Do you want to learn a systematic way to critically analyze a situation before actions, to make defensible decisions, and to head off potential problems? Tregoe processes might be what you want to add to your tool belt.
Kepner-Tregoe developed four rational processes that mirror the basic patterns for applying critical thinking to information, data, and experience. Participants will have the opportunities to learn, practice and apply the following processes: Situation Appraisal, Decision Analysis, Potential Problem (Opportunity) Analysis
Please register for one of the four sessions to reserve a seat today. Looking forward to seeing you in class. See MyTalent catalog for more details, dates, times, and registration.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL CMS STAFF: No global survey completion = No renewal credit.
- Please Complete Your Pending Surveys/Evaluations! No credit will post to your CMS transcript or be seen or counted by the Licensure Department without completion of the global evaluation/survey attached to each completed course!!! Check your My Surveys block on the MyTalent home page for your pending surveys. Upon completion, credit attached to the course will post on your transcript and the certificate link will be activated.